Come try something new and create with paper and scissors.
Wycinanki or cut-outs is a traditional Polish folk art
This adult group usually meets on the first Friday each month, we cut various types of designs, tree of life, roosters, flowers and circles.
$10pp. A warm welcome awaits you
New members are welcome any time as we work at our own pace, materials and designs provided. Coming for the first time? Please ring me.
Polish decorative paper cut-outs belong to the most beautiful in the world. Traditionally they were made by hand, without drawing the design first, cutting out using sheep-sheering scissors.
- New members can watch a short presentation
- Designs based on the Lowicz and Kurpie regions of Poland
- Beginners workshop is also available throughout the year, gather your group together and make a booking, a date and time to suit you.
- Ideal class for children’s birthday parties too! 8 years plus, can be available on some Saturdays
For enquiries and bookings please phone 533 3530 or email us.
Museum hours Tue to Fri 10-4 and Sun 12-5
Starts at 2pm and runs for 2 hours till 4pm
Celebrate a Polish Christmas with paper and wool decorations.
- Make wool spiders and paper chains with a twist for your own Christmas tree.
- Create your own unique paper Christmas star to hang
- Taste the Polish ginger biscuit called Pierniki
- Learn some Christmas Eve traditions, watching the first star and Wigilia supper
This workshop is available for adults and/or children during the weeks leading to Christmas.